Darlington® Crunchy Waffle Snap Strawberry Shortcake
- Darlington Shortbread Waffle Snaps
- 2 lbs ripe strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine ingredients in medium saucepan over medium-low heat; stir gently until sugar dissolves and berries are soft. Allow the mixture to simmer for at least 3-5 minutes. You will have approximately 3 cups of strawberry sauce.
- Remove from heat and strain if seeds are undesirable. Then allow the sauce to cool. If mixture is too thick, add a small amount of water.
- Once your sauce is ready, pour some over our Shortbread Waffle Snaps. Add a dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of mint for garnish, and enjoy!