Side Dishes & Entrees
Entree & Side Dish Recipes
- Spring Salad Mix**
- Roasted Almonds (sliced or slivered)
- Diced Prunes
- Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Spikerz (Ranch or Salsa)
- Slivered Red Onions (Glassed*)
- 1/4 lb Fresh Strawberries (quartered)
- 2 T Sugar Granulated
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 2 T Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T Water
- TT Salt and Pepper
- Toss greens, diced prunes, roasted almonds and feta cheese crumbles until combined.
- Stream vinaigrette over salad while tossing to allow just enough to cover each lettuce leaf. Don’t overdress the greens as they will wilt quickly with too much dressing.
- Portion the greens on each plate topping them with the Spikerz™ and a nest of the glassed red onions.
- Sprinkle sugar over strawberries and allow to rest for about 30 min.
- Place strawberries and sugar mixture into a blender and add balsamic vinegar, water to the mixture. Puree until smooth.
- Then stream in both oils while the blender is running at medium high speed. (Do not remove lid, stream into opening in top of blender)
*For a milder flavor, place red onions into a bowl with ice water and allow to sit for 20-30 minutes under refrigeration.
** Alternate: Choose from a variety of fresh baby lettuces available from your local vendor.
- 1 bag frozen hashbrowns (I use cubed, but shredded work well, too.)
- 1 16 oz. container of reduced fat French Onion dip (sour cream can be substituted if preferred)
- 1/2 stick of melted garlic butter
- 1 cup of low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans low sodium cream of mushroom soup (the original recipe calls for cream of chicken but this is a perfect vegetarian substitute)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Your choice of Spikerz
- Add one to two minced cloves of garlic and 1/2 stick of butter to a bowl. Microwave until melted.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed. To reduce the cooking time, thaw the hashbrowns in the refrigerator for several hours before mixing.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for approximately one hour, or until the potatoes are bubbling around the edges and the potatoes are tender.
- Top the potatoes with the Spikerz and place under the broiler until lightly browned, approximately 2 minutes. Watch closely to prevent burning.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup diced green and
or red bell pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 cans tomato puree (10 ounce)
- 1 can kidney beans with liquid (15 oz)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained (15 oz)
- 1 can cannellini beans with liquid (15 oz)
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- *2 each chipotle peppers
- **TT ground black pepper
- **TT salt
- Spikerz™ spicy cracker bites
*If you would like to spice up your recipe, add 2 pureed chipotle peppers.
** Wait until the end to finish seasoning. Salt content rises during long cooking times.
- Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker, and mix in onion, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, tomato puree, kidney beans, and cannellini beans. Season with chili powder, parsley, basil, oregano and chipotle peppers.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on low heat.
- Ladle into serving dishes and top with your favorite Spikerz™ flavor.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package whole grain elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package Fontina cheese
- 3 oz Spikerz (your choice of flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion until transparent. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Stir in milk, salt, mustard and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add wholegrain macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- To the milk mixture, add the Cheddar and Fontina cheeses; stir until cheese melts. Combine macaroni and cheese sauce in a 2 quart baking dish; mix well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Top with Spikerz and bake for 5 more minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.